Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Good Day To Start A Blog

I hope that April Fool’s Day is a good day to start a blog. It's not that I take blogging (at my age!) as a joke, but that I may be foolish thinking that anyone will follow it.

In the days and weeks ahead, I'll post some of my paintings and tell you how you can buy them online, through www.dailypaintworks.com or from my website: www.nancyfairchild.com.

And we'll talk about "artfulness," the pursuit of which is almost mentioned in the Declaration of Independence -- "We hold these truths to be self-evident...life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Art is my happiness, (after my family) and I try to pursue it in everything in life. I even studied the philosophy of art in college, trying to find artfulness even then.


So I hope you'll join me in this pursuit. Let me know what you find artful. And expand your own measure of happiness.

Checking The Sights
Oil on panel
6"x6"

This girl came out to the beach on Aruba late in the day, so the shadows are long. She was engrossed in studying the tourist brochure so she didn't notice me taking pictures. This is the first painting I've uploaded that was inspired by the tiny paintings on Daily Paintworks. Soon you'll be able to buy my paintings through their site. 

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment