Monday, June 22, 2015

Blue Cooler

Oil on Canvas, 10"x10"

Blue Cooler
This is a fellow I spotted in the paddock at Saratoga National Race Course, one of my favorite people-watching locales. Yes, the horses are more beautiful, but I love the way the spectators stake out their spot for the day, bring their needs in a cooler, and their comfort in a portable chair, and settle in for a day of betting. His buddy must have just gone to place his bet; he left his Coors on the cooler.

Last weekend, my husband and I went to The National Museum Of Racing Hall of Fame to hear Greg Montgomery speak at the opening of the new gallery they’ve devoted to his 30 years of posters for the annual Travers Stakes race. These silk-screened works are such an inspiration to me. He’s a graphic designer who has taken actual images from the track and created iconic works that are simple, elegant and visually stunning.

Please CLICK HERE to purchase this painting.

No risk guarantee: If you’re not completely satisfied with your painting, return it in its original condition within 7 days and I’ll refund your payment, excluding the shipping fee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment